AUTHOR: Jus Accardo
RATING: 4 STARS (3.5 STARS)
PUBLISHED: November 2011 - Entangled Publishing
SERIES: Yes; Series Still in Progress
"When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home. Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized. Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe. A secret Kale will kill to protect."
Touch was the first novel in a new and exciting series by Jus Accardo.
- Six – A person with a special gift/power
- Nix – A regular person
- Denazen – A company that imprisons, brainwashes, and uses Sixes.
- Deznee Cross – A kick butt girl who will stop at nothing to save the ones she loves. She’s an adrenaline junkie that loves to piss her dad off.
- Kale – A gorgeous Six with a very special/deadly power. Has spent his life inside Denazen’s walls. He doesn’t really understand how things work in the real world. Heck, he doesn’t even know what a DVD is.
- Alex – Dez’s ex-boyfriend.
- Brandt – Dez’s cousin and best friend.
I gave Touch by Jus Accardo 4 STARS (3.5 STARS). WOW. This novel surprised me in a good way. It was action-packed, sweet and sexy. The main character talks about drinking, drugs and sex in this novel so I would recommend it to “mature” young adults.